STUDY ABROAD IN CHINA|PERSONAL EXPERIENCE HOW I APPLIED TO UNIVERSITY HOW I FOUND THE RIGHT UNIVERSITY AND THE DOCUMENTS NEEDED ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW





STUDY  ABROAD IN CHINA|PERSONAL EXPERIENCE HOW I APPLIED TO UNIVERSITY HOW I FOUND THE RIGHT UNIVERSITY AND THE DOCUMENTS NEEDED ALL YOU NEED TO KNOW 


these are all pictures taken by me some are in my university some showing beautiful chinese buildings 


WANT TO STUDY ABROAD IN ASIA ? CHINA,JAPAN,KOREA? WHICH DESTINATION IS BETTER ? AFFORDABLE? SAFE ? I GOT YOU 


HELLO EVERYONE,

So today I wanted to talk about my first  experience studying in china, the mistakes I have done, what you should be aware of, the cost of living,tuition fee,scholarship, etc... this is going to be a part one story for my first university because I faced a lot of problems and obstacles, and some low expectations 

DISCLAIMER THIS IS THE FIRST PART THERE WILL BE 3 PARTS FOR THE 3 UNIVERSITIES I WENT TO

LET S START BY:

HOW I APPLIED AND FOUND MY UNIVERSITY IN CHINA 

FIRST YEAR:


As you guys know, I had no idea about  china nor chinese universities I just wanted to study abroad at an affordable cost , so I searched online as everybody does ,  watched  youtube videos, and the result is that china is surprisingly cheap, and they usually offer scholarships for international students even though their grades are not very good, as a result I found an agency that takes care of your documents and it applies  for universities that you want (I was already too late, it was AUGUST,hence, no scholarships are available, no choice) so I just applied to this university without really having a deep knowledge on it but I assumed that since it was in china, it would be safe and study friendly environment so they asked me to pay 200$ for the application fee, and then I proceeded to collect documents needed to study chinese language for one year since I wanted to learn the language first it is not a condition but it is way better if u learned it

DOCUMENTS :

-PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

-HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA AND TRANSCRIPTIONS TRANSLATED INTO CHINESE OR ENGLISH

-BANK STATEMENT 

-CRIMINAL RECORD 

-APPLICATION FORM 

-VALID PASSPORT

I was accepted after 1 week, I received my admission notice, that I was accepted so then I had to pay tuition fee it was around 2300$ a year usually chinese language programs are cheap, unlike bachelor or master degree but not that big of a difference anyway , after that they sent me JW202 and my ADMISSION NOTICE  so I can apply to the student visa in the embassy, after 1 month I applied, and after 1 week got my visa it was super quick, easy process, detailed on the website, no complications.



I booked my flight and went to china in october (the majority of chinese universities have two starting dates you either choose september or march ) ;it took me 18 h to get to Beijing the capital, from Morocco to Dubai from Dubai to Beijing it was extremely exhausting, I felt very excited in the beginning of the flight but as time went by I got anxious, I arrived to my destination took a shuttle bus to the train station then train to the city of my uni then a taxi to my uni, and let me tell you, that was the hardest thing I have ever done in my life, not speaking the language was definitely the biggest problem, most of chinese people do not speak english, most of the signs are in chinese, to get into the train station is similar to getting to an airport, your luggage gets checked, your body, your handbag,backpack,your passport, and then I arrived to my uni at 6 pm I thought they would have a room for me, at least temporary room, I am calling my agent at the agency, she said the student office already closed, fortunately ,long ago I messaged a countrymate that I checked she was studying at the same university but she didn t see my message right away but at the moment I came to china she answered me telling me she deleted facebook, I felt over the moon at that specific time, cos I already got that feeling of helplessness in a foreign country no one understands you, no one is caring about you coming, so that was the first red flag from this university, ( not giving me a temporary room ) then I just went around that town found a hotel and slept until the morning and I went back,they don t accept dollars and there aren't change offices you only left with one choice, luckily my friend helped me convert them from her bank account and I got the room but here is the second red flag the room was filthy, I had a roommate and she said the girl who was there just left and everything is dirty , I told the office but they didn t do nth about it, so I had to clean it bymyself btw I paid 1000 $ a year for a double room, and then comes the third biggest red flag my roommate ( we only have international roommates, we don t share the same dormitory awith the chinese students) brought a bunch of her friends and they were so loud laughing here and there, tbh I was annoyed, but I couldn t tell her, she looked scary to me,and then the next day I went to class and found out that my charger was cut by scissors , I was so devastated, I have done nothing to her literally nothing that was my second or third time there, Finally I and another friend decided to rent an apartment and that was the best choice ever, mind you, most of chinese universities do not allow their students to rent, if they found out they gonna deport you,they are so strict when it comes to job which isn t allowed for international students as well as living outside university campus . the university was not good, the ranking was so bad which is an extremely crucial thing when it comes to choosing the uni, I would say the top 100 university is relatively good,the rent was cheap because we were in a small town that had universities around 100-120 $ a month but you pay by trimester, the landlord was not very honest though,I stayed there for 2-3 months and we had 2 months holidays for chinese new year january and february, went back home and then miss RONA. came and ruined everything for me, the school was already bad, I mean teaching experience was not the best, I could barely understand the teachers speaking english explaining to us chinese courses, how the hell would I keep up with the teachers online ? I had so many questions, doubts going on, then they informed us that we are having online classes, I was happy cuz at least I didn t spend a whole year not studying, but then I got hit by the fact that there are students in my online class that were 2 levels ahead of me, they could read chinese, understand it , I asked the teacher if that was my class and she said yes, mind you we only studied 2 days a week that was the reddest flag LOL,I was so confused, no one literally cares about you, no one is giving you an answer, NADA , so I decided to just study by myself at home, so I did that and my level improved I guess.



MY EXPERIENCE IN CHINA :

I really liked china as a country as well as people from the province I was in, they were warm,friendly,but a little bit distant, but you know who cares , at least they are treating you well with respect and that all matters, the city I was in was so clean , I liked the food, at first I didn t like it but as times passes by I got used to it at a point I was only eating it but I cooked at home cos the groceries were affordable you could buy a worth of 90$ and it lasts a month PS I lived in a not a big not a small medium sized city it could be more expensive in other cities but you should always choose universities in normal cities,as well as eating outside you could get a lunch for 2$ at my school canteen and it was so clean and delicious, and for international students there were some burger and pizza places. the cities in china are so culturally rich , and so aesthetic, I was really amazed by that, the parks are on a whole another level.

this is part 1 of my story in china I ll do other parts please stay tuned and in the next parts I will talk about some other aspects 


Post a Comment

Previous Post Next Post

Contact Form